MBE's in the Nati - MBE's in the Nati

« Home | BUSH: Good evening. I am speaking to you from the ... » | Opening Day of the Cincinnati Hamilton County Blac... » | Affirmative action means ... » | A little background on our experience in der Nati.... » | An affirmative action program (see entry AAP refer... » | "AAP" refers to Affirmative Action Program; and "O... » | EXECUTIVE ORDER 11,246Affirmative action’s goal [i... » 

Sunday, September 18, 2005 

"I've done 458 campaigns in 25 years, and this is the damnest one I've ever seen," said Bethel Nathan, a Texas-based political consultant that Winburn brought in to help with his campaign.

"When it gets right down to it, I don't think white Republicans voted for him," he said. "They walked in the booth, and they couldn't pull the lever for Charlie Winburn. I don't call it racism. I just call it not being able to change the status quo."